Due to the global adjustment of business strategy and the considerable impact brought by COVID-19, a number of foreign investors no longer take China as their production base. Those having established labour-intensive industries in China are gradually adjusting existing business and are shifting to capital-intensive and technology-intensive industries. Consequently, many companies are looking for ways to optimize business and implement synergies. Implementing such restructuring and/or optimization efforts often raises complicated legal issues. In addition, over the past two years, Chinese legislative authorities issued the Foreign Investment Law of the People's Republic of China, the Regulation on the Implementation of the Foreign Investment Law of the People's Republic of China and several related regulations and notices, which mark the beginning of a new era for foreign investment in China. Foreign invested entities' restructuring or optimization plans require careful analysis in light of recent legislation and policy considerations. Moreover, foreign invested entities may borrow foreign loans and their overseas parents may raise funds backed by their assets located in China from time to time, while it is very difficult, if not impossible, to satisfy some requirements on foreign exchange, such as getting onshore security offshore loan registered with SAFE.
Fangda Partners, a prestigious Chinese law firm and AmCham member, is excited to co-host a seminar on Foreign Investment Entities Restructuring and Optimization in China on May14th, 2021. Fangda Partners has been advising international clients on doing business in China for almost 30 years. As one of the top law firms in China, Fangda Partners is able to support international companies on all of their legal needs in China through its full service offering. Fangda Partners will share with you the update of the latest changes in Chinese laws and share their experiences in handling complicated restructuring and optimization cases. Some notable accomplishments of the speakers from Fangda Partners include:
- Advising multiple multinational clients to invest in China in connection with the restructuring of their corporate structure, assets, employees, business and debts for financing, consolidation, transaction and other purposes;
- Advising international and domestic financial institutions and borrowers/sponsors in some of the largest and most complex finance transaction in China;
Fangda Partners will be covering:
- Overview of the relevant Chinese laws, regulations and judicial interpretations regarding FIE restructuring;
- Introduction on different options available for FIE optimization;
- Overview of the requirements on borrowing foreign loans and analysis of onshore security offshore loan and other structures with similar effects